The highly-anticipated Auckland Downtown Commercial Bay has announced its latest wave of retailers set to open in March 2020 and it cannot come soon enough!
Today’s announcement reveals iconic American clothing brands Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger will debut their first New Zealand standalone retail stores at Commercial Bay, with both premium brands set to offer apparel, fragrances, accessories and homewares. Dutch retailer Scotch & Soda has also been announced to open its first New Zealand store.
Scotch & Soda Director Peter McWhirter said, “Commercial Bay presents the perfect opportunity for us to open our first flagship store in New Zealand. Scotch & Soda stores all breathe the same spirit of creativity that we pour into our collections. We work with the history and architecture of the place we’re moving into – absorbing the rich heritage into each unique but recognisable store design – and we are very excited to be part of Auckland CBD’s new home of fashion.”
Heart of the City's Chief Executive Viv Beck says Auckland is a city in transformation and Commercial Bay will be a significant addition to the city centre retail landscape.
"The range of first to market brands, and unique restaurants and bars coming to Commercial Bay will build on the strong point of difference that the city centre shopping and dining experience offers,” she says.
Also announced for Commerical Bay and new to the city centre is Parisian-infused chic womenswear brand Kookai, as well as more leading local fashion talent including ethical designer twenty-seven names. Icebreaker, Storm, R.M. Williams, Asics and Rip Curl have also just been named as new vendors.
Supplementing the new fashion names to feature at Commercial Bay, natural health brand Harker Herbals will open its doors in March, along with a handful of other beauty and wellness brands including luxury nail salon Art of Nails, haircare store Shampoo and Things, men’s barber Gentry, skincare salon Skintopia and Lovely By Skin Institute will open its fifth retail store in Commercial Bay – its first store in the city centre.
Today's new announcements bolster an already impressive line-up of first-to-market international brands and established local labels set to launch into the local fashion scene next year.
- French fashion labels Sandro and Maje
- American handbag and accessories label Kate Spade New York
- High quality menswear label Hugo Boss
- Leather goods brand Furla
- Australian designer Wittner Shoes
- Dior Perfumes and Beauty (first boutique in NZ)
- MECCA (will meld together its existing Cosmetic and Maxima concepts at its new location)
- Brittain Wynyard will open the first of its new footwear concept, Solect, retailing a range of premium brands.
- Kiwi fashion institution Federation
- High quality menswear label 3 Wise Men
- Iconic mens fashion label Barkers
- Boutique footwear brand Scarpa
- Hair specialist Loxy's
- Designer fashion retailer Suprette
- Kiwi menswear label Just Another Fisherman
- H&M (already open)
- High end menswear Rodd & Gunn
- Hipster fashion and accessories label Hershel Supply Co.
On top of its incredible fashion offering, Commercial Bay is set to include an aspirational mix of food and beverage including acclaimed restaurants and bars, beauty, and specialty retail – overall, the precinct will feature more than 100 retailers. With 95 per cent of space now committed, Commercial Bay retail will open in autumn 2020.