Taking the ferry is a scenic, peaceful change from the hectic mayhem that often comes with commuting and travelling from point A to B in Auckland. It's also a great way to explore the beautiful islands of the Hauraki Gulf.
Downtown Ferry Terminal
The Downtown Auckland Ferry Terminal is the central hub for Auckland's Waitematā Harbour ferry services. Located on Quay Street in a heritage building, the terminal is well connected to buses and trains and is an easy walk to the businesses, shopping, cafes, and restaurants nearby.
Routes and providers
Travel between the city and many destinations on the edge of the Waitematā Harbour - you will find details below of the various routes and companies offering up each service:
- Bayswater ferry - Fullers
- Birkenhead ferry - Fullers
- Devonport ferry - Fullers
- Great Barrier Island ferry - Fullers (plus SeaLink car ferry)
- Gulf Harbour ferry - Fullers
- Half Moon Bay ferry - Fullers
- Hobsonville and Beach Haven ferry - Fullers
- Northcote Point ferry - Fullers
- Pine Harbour ferry - Pine Harbour (plus SeaLink car ferry)
- Rakino Island ferry - Belaire
- Rangitoto Island ferry - Fullers
- Stanley Bay ferry - Fullers
- Waiheke Island ferry - Fullers (plus SeaLink car ferry)
- West Harbour ferry - Belaire
Fares and AT Hop Cards
See the AT website for full information about fares and concessions. Passes can be purchased for frequent users of ferries, and the AT HOP card can be used for many journeys.