Archived: Federal Street Festival
Federal Street is set to come alive in an epic start to summer with plenty of great sounds and flavours at the Federal Street Festival which returns for another year.
The Festival kicks off on Friday 11 November from 4pm until late, with delicious food, live music, and plenty of family friends activities, including cake decorating, face-painting, bubble blowing, and balloon animals. The festivities continue on Saturday 12 November from 2pm.
As part of the festivities a collective of Federal Street's best restaurants including Depot, Federal Delicatessen, The Grill by Sean Connolly, Gusto at The Grand, MASU, Andy's Burgers & Bar, Jade Dragon and The Kitchen C/- SKYCITY have plenty of delectable dishes to try.
Check out the options below:
- Depot: Three Mahurangi oysters ($12), Virgin Bloody Mary shooter (with one oyster) ($6), Four Cloudy bay tuatuas ($8).
- Federal Delicatessen: NY Cheesecake - baked cheesecake with strawberries ($8), Pumpkin pie with maple syrup and candied pecans ($8).
- The Grill: Suckling pig fritter slider ($8), Duck fat chips ($8).
- Gusto at The Grand: Pizza Fritti with San Marzano tomatoes, basil and parmagiano reggiano ($8), Mushroom arancini with rocket and parmagiano reggiano ($10).
- MASU: Okonomiyaki ($8), Ramen noodles ($10).
- Andy's Burgers and Bar: Char grilled cheeseburger with bacon mayo, cheddar, house ketchup and pickles ($9), Honey soy chicken wings ($9), Falafel burger with deep-roasted sesame mayo, cucumber, carrot and sprout salad ($10).
- Jade Dragon: Steamed shrimp and vegetable dumplings ($8), Steamed prawn & pork sui mei ($8).
- The Kitchen C/- SKYCITY: Slow roasted Wagyu beef rump taco with mole spices, avocado and coriander ($9), Glazed donuts ($6).
In addition to the exciting food options Federal Street Festival also has some wicked live performances on both days. Check out the line up below:
Friday 11 November:
- 5pm: DJ Karn Hall with Callum Passells on Sax
- 7pm: Che Fu with DJ
- 8pm Ladi6
- 9pm: DJ Karn Hall
Saturday 12 November:
- 2pm: DJ Karn Hall with Callum Passells on Sax
- 4pm: Two Many Chiefs
- 6pm: Untitled
- 8pm: DJ Karn Hall
So get your friends and family together and check out all the festivities down at Federal Street on Friday 11 and Saturday 12 of November.