The Onam Vegetarian Festival returns to Ela Cuisine with 25 unique vegetarian degustation dishes.
Onam is the festival of the state of Kerala in South India, and the highlight of this festival is the vegetarian feast called ‘Sadya’.
The feast will include only fresh seasonal New Zealand vegetables, alongside unique and authentic imported items from Kerala. Each diner receives his or her feast on a banana leaf, which in windy New Zealand is subject to availability on the day of the event.
Ela Cuisine restaurant is located in Elliott Stables’ Epicurean village in the heart of the city and the restaurant concept is a novel take on Kerala and Mediterranean cuisine using fresh and local New Zealand ingredients developed by chef and owners, George Panicker George and Sowmia Thomas.
Part of American Express Restaurant Month
Terms & Conditions
1. Communal dining only with limited seating.
2. Dining duration - 1 hour per session.
3. iTicket sales only.
4. No walk-ins, sharing of banana leaf, takeaways or phone bookings for this event.
5. Dishes are subject to seasonal availability.
6. If booking for a group, the entire party must be present prior to seating, as due to a communal dining style, this will help ensure that the entire group will be seated together.
7. Diners are encouraged to eat with their hands for this event but if you require cutlery, wooden cutlery will be provided.