The Outer LINK is the easiest way to get around the inner suburbs of Auckland City. It runs from Wellesley St, past the Universities, through Parnell, Newmarket, Epsom, Balmoral, Mt Eden, St Lukes, Mt Albert, out to the Meola Rd entrance to MOTAT, through Westmere, Herne Bay and then back to Wellesley St. The buses are bright amber and operate on a frequent basis, so no timetables are required. There are 3 fare stages on the Outer LINK, you will only ever pay for a maximum of two. See route map for location of fare stages.
Here are the best places to hop off in the city from the Inner Link route
Wellesley Street is an all-you-need stop with shopping, dining and entertainment right at the stop or a few minutes walk away, here are the highlights of this area
- The Civic
- Aotea Square a beautifully designed outdoor area that is surrounded by the best theatres and entertainment in Auckland including Q Theatre, Aotea Centre, Event Cinema and The Basement.
- Elliot Stables
- A short walk from Wellesley Street is Federal Street and the SKYCITY entertainment area.
$2.00 or $4.00 maximum cash fare; Fare discounts apply when using your AT HOP card
- Links with trains, b.line and other buses
- Convenient way to get around central Auckland and inner suburbs
- Frequent services mean minimal waiting times
- Air conditioned with designer comfort seats
- Wheelchair and pushchair friendly buses
Mon to Sat: Every 15mins from 6:30am to 11:00pm*
Sundays & Public Holidays: Every 15mins from 7:00am to 11:00pm*
*Actual frequency may vary
For more information on buses visit this page.
Outer LINK bus route